Keep it REAL!
Hours per week 4-6
Works perfectly with
“People say keeping it real is a hard thing to do.
Keeping it real is easy.
Being fake is hard to do.”
Keep it REAL! really is your best option for a modern secondary course for today’s teenagers. Students focus on developing communicative competence and 21st century skills, with this flexible blend of dynamic video and digital content, and easy-to-use classroom materials. As students develop their grammar, vocabulary and speaking, we help you manage skills development in mixed ability classes, too. The course also focuses on culture, with optional project-based work, literature lessons and common exam task practice.
Scope & sequence
With Keep it REAL!, students will:
- immerse themselves in Relevant, Engaging, Achievable Learning!
- watch real-life vloggers, experiencing new vocabulary in authentic contexts.
- get to grips with grammar, with accessible animated grammar presentations.
- develop reading skills side-by-side with cultural awareness, through specific reading lessons linked to cultural videos.
- practice functional speaking, based on real-world contexts and a dynamic, online board game, to enhance collaborative teamwork and problem-solving skills.
- build skills for the 21st century, with Think critically, Get creative, Find out and Compare cultures.
Components and resources
Learn more about Keep it REAL!: Student’s Book
Learn more about Keep it REAL!: Workbook
Learn more about Keep it REAL!: Teacher's Guide